Writing Adventure Stories
is designed to help students create an imaginative text in a specific genre. The writing task is made more approachable by breaking it down into short, focused activities, encouraging students to explore elements of the narrative as well as literary features and styles. With a growing emphasis on creative responses throughout the junior and senior curriculums, this workbook provides students with the support they need.
Teachers can use the book to teach skills incrementally, or incorporate the ready-made tasks into an existing program.
The workbook features:
- formative activities throughout that allow students to explore each element of the narrative
- summative tasks following each chapter, designed to help students build their own story
- a special focus on language features
- references to well-known adventure stories and characters throughout to help contextualise learning
- a specially-written sample narrative that can be used to demonstrate techniques and features in class.
View sample pages below: